The proposed Design Innovation Centre aims to carry out specialised class room courses and core laboratory training in the above technical areas of designing. Laboratory facilities are presently being developed to provide infrastructure for designing and development of new products and processes for traffic management, energy scavenging, ceramics and dental restorations.
The following four technology areas are currently in progress:
- To enhance knowledge and training of students in innovative applied skills.
- To provide liberal laboratory facilities in specified areas of technical expertise and guide students to develop targeted prototypes
- To take up collaborative research to give solutions to industry
- To evolve team work and ecosystem that would be driven by synergies required for incubating start-ups and thus, promote entrepreneurship
- To enhance Business Incubation facilities in defined areas of technical expertise.